The Post-Graduation Program in Commerce was introduced in the year 1999 in order to offer higher academic standards to the graduates preferably from this college as well as other colleges under the guidance and directive of B. L. D. E. Association, our parental institute Solapaur Road, Vijayapur. Our A. S. Patil College of Commerce itself is a esteemed institute having its Autonomous status acquired in the year 2009. The college erstwhile affiliated to Karnataka University Dharwad. Presently it is affiliated to Rani Channamma University, Belagavi.
The Post-Graduation Program in Commerce is of two years duration, comprising of four semesters, each semester is of four months period. The maximum capacity for the admission of students for the first-year program is 40. The First year Post Graduation Program contains two semesters having six compulsory subjects, each having 100 marks.
The aim of this program is to build the maximum strength of commerce professionals as well as to build population of educators to make the next generation in commerce faculties equipped with specialized skills and thereby to apply competency in theoretical and practical knowledge of different fields like Accounting, Taxation, Finance, Marketing, and so on so forth. The objective of the entire program is towards ensuring the current needs of the entire finance industry and academics by providing student centric learning environment.
- Specialised Board decides the Main Stream Syllabus.
- Accounting & Taxation and further Cost Management fields are two important specialisations.
- Special attention is given to the overall growth of the students in their future Research career.
- Performance in Graduation program in commerce is a basic criteria for overall growth of a students in their Post-Graduation Program.
- Choice Based Credit System is adopted.
- Making honest and sincere efforts to shrine the brand name of the Autonomous status of the college and its students in the society as a whole.
- To get the students specialised and familiar with conventional as well as contemporary areas in the discipline of Commerce.
- To compete with other similar well knowledged candidates at national as well as international levels.
- To make easier for the students to face the challenges in Entrepreneurship, Accounting, Taxation and Research Practices so on so forth.
- To support the students in decision making at the highest corporate levels.
- To motivate the students to adhere a legal way in Corporate Tax Planning and managing the growth in respective business where in they would have been employed.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
A candidate who has secured a minimum of 50% in aggregate (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Cat-I at the B.Com./ BBM/ BBA/ BCS (Bachelor of Company Secretary) Degree course of this university or of any other university recognized as equivalent there to, shall be eligible for admission to the First Semester of the course.
Admission for foreign students: Admission for Foreign Nationals to the above course shall be governed by the rules framed by State / Central Government / University / Equivalence Committee / Association of Indian Universities guidelines from time to time.
Document Required for Admission
- Degree Marks Card : Three photocopies with attestation
- TC/LC Original with three photocopies with attestation
- Income Certificate : Three photocopies with attestation
- Cast certificate : Three photocopies with attestation
- Recent Identity size photo : 5 Copies
- Adhaar card, Bank passbook three photocopies with attestation